Title: VP of Marketing
Classification (FLSA): Exempt
Position type: Full time
Reports to: SVP Sales & Marketing
Summary / Objective:
The VP of marketing is responsible for developing, executing, and optimizing the company’s strategic marketing initiatives in support of the company’s corporate goals. These initiatives include but are not limited to the implementation of a perpetual demand generation (PDG, Inbound lead gen, demand gen) strategy in order to maximize opportunities and bookings. This role will also guide the company’s brand during a pivotal growth period, identifying opportunities to expand the brand presence through digital marketing, thought leadership, and event participation. In addition, this position oversees Qgenda product marketing, public relations, and competitive analyses.
Essential Functions / Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and management of corporate marketing strategy.
- Management of the marketing team members and outside consultants, providing guidance and feedback for personal development
- Oversees all aspects of PDG, including the development and execution of content, scoring, lead/contact lifecycle management, and inbound/outbound marketing channel plans (e.g., paid search, paid social, SEO, nurturing, online advertising, events, webinars).
- Implements programs that increase brand awareness and raise brand status in the industry. Manage overall brand experience through print, digital, and other mediums.
- Creates campaigns for current clients in order to meet cross-sell and upsell objectives.
- Aligns with sales teams to support them with territory specific activity, as well as managing and producing all sales collateral.
- Monitors analytics / funnel metrics and submit performance reports sale leadership
- Responsible for producing valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and organizing the company’s owned assets
- Conducts general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
- Controls budgets and allocates resources amongst projects and campaigns
- Manages agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management
- Manages creative direction for all content and design production, along with Q/A.
- Oversees the operation of a company’s website or email marketing program and provide analytics review
- Proven experience as Director of Marketing or VP of marketing in a high growth industry
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise with online marketing techniques and industry best practices
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Adwords and paid media)
- Customer-oriented approach
Education / Professional Certifications or Licenses Required:
- Undergraduate degree required (MBA a plus)
Experience Requirements: Minimum 10 years related experience; Prefer candidates with a proven track record of generating demand, developing strategies and executing against them, driving pipeline results, and performing multi-touch attribution and conversion analyses. Also, must have experience managing a small team, working with outside agencies, and tracking overall team performance.
- MUST HAVE HEALTHCARE
- MUST BE ATLANTA BASED (OR WILLING TO RELOCATE)
- HAS MANAGED A TEAM (DIRECT REPORTS)
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT AND WILLING TO “ROLL UP SLEEVES”
- SALESFORCE.COM EXPERIENCE
- EXPERIENCE WITH AT LEAST ONE MARKETING AUTOMATION TOOL
- Supervises direct/external marketing team, including hiring, training, workloads, schedules and deadlines etc.
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
- Computer / phone based work environment.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Travel requirements: 10% of the time.
Other Duties Statement:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all possible activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the person in this position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.