Title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Classification (FLSA): Exempt
Position type: Full time
Reports to: Manager, Digital Marketing & Operations
Summary / Objective:
The Digital Marketing Specialist will report to the Manager, Digital Marketing & Operations and own the responsibility of optimizing QGenda’s digital ads, landing pages, social posts, emails and other digital assets to help drive leads and engagement. This team member will have a passion for digital marketing platforms, data and analytics and will be responsible for helping optimize the performance of marketing campaigns and activities.
This role will require a mindset that is both analytical and creative. Someone who is fascinated by how people use products and technology, and embraces the combination of form and function. This individual is data-driven and will be focused on helping to evaluate and craft conversion-centric, digital strategies & experiences to help improve the metrics that matter most to us.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding and hands-on experience with A/B testing, website analytics and the UX conversion strategies & tactics that help drive performance and insights. You will collaborate with other members of the marketing team to consult and optimize their work.
This person will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have fun shifting to adapt to changing market needs. You like to collaborate with forward-thinking teams, including the broader marketing team, sales, and others to develop innovative tests that drive results. You also love learning new marketing technology, and can help assist in the key programs used by QGenda. You love what you do and are passionate about marketing and technology.
- Manage and optimize landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms.
- Provide recommendations on copy, design, and functionality improvements to ads, landing pages, forms and emails.
- A/B test and continually measure the performance of key digital assets.
- Collaborate with teams responsible for blogging, email, social media, in order to optimize each conversion path.
- Provide ongoing recommendations to help us deliver on key metrics and KPIs, through continuous website testing and user experience improvements.
- Conduct UX research through both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Be able to translate and communicate testing results and data-driven recommendations into an effective message, continually creating insights and value for the team.
- Constantly review and optimize in-flight campaigns, delivering recommendations and action items in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage digital ads including Google Search/Display Ads and LinkedIn
- Collaborate with digital marketing agency to launch digital advertising programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1+ years of experience in a digital marketing related role.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills (Google Analytics, Tableau, Data Studio, etc.)
- Experience with ad platforms (Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.)
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Hubspot, etc.)
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Strong “figure it out mentality”, creative-thinking, interpretation and problem solving skills. Propensity to always be testing and learning.
- Experience in Healthcare IT preferred
- Team player
Education / Professional Certifications or Licenses Required:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience.
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
Computer-based work environment.
Sitting and standing for extended periods.
Lifting of 10 - 15 pounds.
- 2021 - Top 100 Software Companies (The Software Report)
- 2021 - Best in KLAS
- 2021 - GA Fast 40
- 2020 - Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 - AJC Best Places to Work
- 2020 - Top 25 Software Sales Executives
- 2020 - Atlanta CFO of the Year
- 2019 - AJC Best Places to Work
- 2018 - EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2018 - Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2018 - Glassdoor Top 50 CEO
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Eligible
- 401k Employer Match
Great Benefits & Culture:
- Full Health and Dental (QGenda pays 100% of the individual premiums)
- Employee-centric work culture
- 3 "Flex Hours" per week
- Relaxed vacation policy
- Company outings
- Costco membership
- Casual dress
- Opportunity to be part of a fast growing software company with hundreds of customers and thousands of users around the world.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.